spoon

Recent Recipes

Ricotta-Basil Chicken & Wilted Tomatoes

0

Category : ,

Ok so I've had some of my favorite people nag me about not posting often enough! So here is another post to keep you all entertained for a while.


This recipe is from Donna Hay's new book, "No Time To Cook". I made it on a day when I literally had no time to cook, running from place to place, stuck in peak hour traffic, dramas, dramas, dramas!! I still had dinner on the table for the family and they were none the wiser.

For me, I wanted more flavour from this dish, perhaps more salt, or more basil. My boyfriend and mum raided the bunch of basil and covered their chicken with extra basil. Still a nice one to keep on file though.


Ricotta-Basil Chicken & Wilted Tomatoes
Donna Hay

100g fresh ricotta
1 tablespoon shredded basil
1 tablespoon finely grated parmesan
2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, skin on
sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
extra basil leaves, to serve

1. Preheat the oven to 160°C (320°F). Combine ricotta, shredded basil and parmesan. Carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast, leaving the ends intact and carefully spoon in ricotta mixture.

2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan with an ovenproof handle over medium-high heat. Add oil and chicken to the pan and cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until well browned. Add tomatoes, place the pan in the over and cook for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

3. Divide between plates and top with extra basil.

Serves 2.


Voila! Bon Appétit!

0 comments:

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com