spoon

Recent Recipes

Apple & Honey Cake

0

Category :

This was the other cake I mentioned in my previous post!
Taken from the internet a while ago, I printed it in put in it my "to make" pile.
Haven't tasted it yet, but it smells so good!

3 eggs
100g caster sugar
70g honey
80g softened, unsalted butter
300g sifted self-raising flour
1 level teaspoon of cinnamon powder
3 apples

1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a 20cm-wide tin with softened butter (I lined my tin with baking paper, much easier to clean up). Dust the greased surface with a little flour.

2. Beat together eggs, caster sugar and honey until the mixture is pale and fluffy.

3. Add butter, and beat in. Add flour, cinnamon, and the flesh of 3 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1cm pieces. Mix gently, or at a low speed if using a mixer.

4. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and place in the over for about 45-55 minutes, making sure it is completely cooked in the middle before removing: test with a skewer - it should have no uncooked dough attached to it. Remove from the tin and cool on a cake rack.

To serve
Serve with caramelised apple sauce and some cream or ice-cream if desired.

Eh Voila! Bon Appétit!

0 comments:

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com