spoon

Recent Recipes

Eating Out: Co Do

5

Category : ,

You know a place is worthy of trying if Matt Preston has eaten there before.
Katie and I decided it was time we caught up on all the gossip with each, other over some pho. I asked Katie to choose the place as I was flat out and suffering from man flu; thus affecting my ability to think straight.

I picked Katie up, and we plotted our destination in the car GPS.
Like many of the restaurants on Victoria St, Richmond; they have classic 70s décor. Co Do did have freshly painted, vibrant walls, which made the place feel a little less 70s than the usual. However, mirrored walls were still a prominent feature.Not to mention the Vietnamese karaoke playing on the TV.


Katie isn’t a big fan of prawns, and I didn’t want to make her anything she didn’t like. So we started with some shredded pork rice paper rolls. The rice paper was a little bit chewier than normal, but they were pretty good, with the tasty dipping sauce.

We also shared some vegetarian spring rolls. I found the filling to be a little mushy. They tasted alright, but they weren’t as traditional as I was hoping for. I only just realised, I forgot to photograph them! So just use your imagination...


Katie got the wonton soup. Her feedback was that the broth was very tasty, and the bbq pork was delicious.


I ordered pho. I do love my pho! I got my usual order of rare beef.
The broth was pretty tasty, not as good as my usual pho haunt, but still very good. A good serving size too.

With the meal costing $14 each, we were very satisfied, and even had leftovers.
There is a VERY extensive menu. I remember flicking through numerous pages, even though I knew I was having pho. I’d go back to try other dishes.


Co do on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

Not been to Richmond for a long time. I am closer to Footscray. May take a trip back to memory lane soon.

try the bun bo hue or one of their variations!
So good, the staff are starting to recognise me though *blushes*

Hi Penny - Do make the trip back! =)

Hi Alex - Oh thanks for the recommendation! I will be sure to give it a go next time I'm there.

yummmmm!
nothing like some delicious viet food!
and the best thing is - it's usually AMAZING and freakishly cheap
I don't need good decor or even matching plates for that matter... just a plate of rice paper rolls and a steaming pho!
now i'm hungry :)

Hi, A Girl Called E - Amen to that! It's one of my favorite "junk foods" :P

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com