spoon

Recent Recipes

Fast Tuna Patties With Sweet Chilli Mayo

8

Category :



This was tonight's dinner for Hamsley and I. They were made so fast we have already made and eaten them, edited my photos and done most of this post; and it's only 7:30pm!


Even though I stuffed up the recipe.... I actually read the recipe for once, but got distracted by shiny things when assembling the ingredients by adding the bread crumbs to the patty mixture, instead of saving them for coating the patties. This was quickly fixed by adding more egg to bind the mixture and using extra bread crumbs to coat the patties.


They were quickly pan-fried, and with Hamsley on salad and sweet chilli mayo duty, we had dinner in no time! A delicious quick meal that I will be adding into my weeknight wonders list.





Get your hands on: 
250g packet jasmine microwave rice
400g can tuna in brine, drained, flaked
3 green onions, trimmed, finely sliced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Serve it with:
1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Garden Salad

1. Cook rice according to packet directions. Transfer to a bowl to cool slightly. Add tuna, onions and eggs. Mix to combine.

2. Divide mixture into 8 portions. Using hands, roll mixture into balls and flatten slightly. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Add patties and turn to coat. Heat half the oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat. Cook half the patties for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden. Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining oil and patties.

3. Combine mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl. Serve patties with mayonnaise mixture and salad leaves.



8 comments:

YOM!!! Tuna Patties, Topped with a Sweet Chilli Mayo, and a crisp Salad.
What can I add, a great quick wholesome meal, just right for a Busy Working Gal. Well done Shellie, your pics look great, and I know Hamsley is partial to canned Tuna!! even just in Sandwiches. How much enjoyable for you both to have created a " Picture Puurfect..Yummy
Quickie Meal. "
Hugs xox :-)

Ooh, always glad to find a new recipe for canned tuna! I usually make a tuna pie with mashed potato on those make-dinner-from-the-pantry nights, but this could well enter the regular rotation too!

I love a quick weeknight meal and I like how you've put mayo and sweet chilli on top afterwards. I don't think I could eat canned tuna without mayo! :D

I reckon mini versions of these would make a pretty good party treat. Should reheat well in the oven?

Your patties look very delicious. Great for lunch. I love fish patties, just learned recently, with salmon.

Hi Jeanne - Yes, Hamsley does like his canned tuna =) Get Barry to make it for you one day =)

Hi Hannah - That sounds delicious too!

Hi Lorraine - Me either! Gotta have that mayo!

Hi Mademoiselle Délicieuse - Very good idea! I don't see why they wouldn't reheat well in the oven =)

Hi MaryMoh - Thanks! I am now a huge fan of them too.

I love tuna patties! I make mine using mashed spuds and brown onion, just like-a-mama-used-to-make :D

I don't serve mine with sauce, but this looks damn good.

Hi Conor - oooo that sounds delicious too!

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com