spoon

Recent Recipes

Creamy Tuna Pasta

0

Category : ,

Mid week cooking so nice and simple this week, I wish it could always be that simple!

Taken from my favorite source of the moment, the Taste website, I wanted something easy and quick so I didn't have to fluff around in the kitchen. Turned out well since I have been free-lancing the last two weeks and getting home a bit later than I'm used to.

Dinner was on the table within 30 minutes. Everyone enjoyed it.
I'm not a huge capers fan but I have to agree with mum and say that the capers really add a nice taste to the dish.

If you are not a tuna fan, I'm sure this dish would taste great with smoked chicken.

Creamy Tuna Pasta


350g fettuccine or spaghetti
2 tbs olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup (250ml) thin cream
2 tbs sundried tomato paste
425g can tuna in oil, drained
1 cup (150g) frozen peas
1 tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
100g semi-dried tomatoes
2 tsp capers, rinsed, drained

1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and toss with half the oil.

2. Heat remaining oil in a large frypan over medium heat, add onion and cook 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in cream and paste, add tuna and peas. Heat gently for 1-2 minutes. Stir in half the parsley with the tomatoes and capers, add pasta and season. Stir until just heated through. Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.

Serves 4

Voila! Bon Appétit!

0 comments:

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com