spoon

Recent Recipes

Mini Iced Doughnuts

5

Category :

I've been wanting to make doughnuts for quite some time. The only thing that really put me off was the deep frying in oil part. So when I found this recipe on Taste.com.au for these cute doughnuts I knew I had to make them!

The only problem was I didn't own a doughnut pan, and I found some at a shop, but there were going to cost me $7.95 per mould! So I trawled through ebay and found a pan that had 12 moulds, and 2 extra pans and a decorating kit for $0.99. The most expensive thing was the postage at $15! It worked the trick and I had mini doughnuts in no time.

So quick and easy to make, these are treats you can whip up easily in no time!

Iced Doughnuts
Taste Website

1/2 cup (75g) plain flour

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar

1/4 cup (60ml) milk

1 egg, beaten

1 tbs olive oil

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

25g dark chocolate melts

100s and 1000s or shredded coconut, to decorate


1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.

2. Sift flour, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt into a large bowl and stir in sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, egg, olive oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until smooth.

3. Fill a 12-hole mini-doughnut pan with mixture and bake for 8 minutes or until cooked (when a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean). Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.

4. Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (don't let the bowl touch the water). Alternatively, melt it in a microwave on medium (50%) heat for 1 minute, stir, then cook in 30-second bursts, stirring after each. Dip half of each doughnut into the chocolate, then coat in 100s and 1000s or coconut.

5. Topping variations: Sift 1/2 cup icing sugar into a bowl with 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice and stir to dissolve. Dip 1/2 the doughnut in icing, then in 100s and 1000s.

Makes 12

Voila! Bon Appétit!

5 comments:

They look so yummy!! I wish you'd shared, lol! :P

Yum! When did you make these??

Alana - I did share, you just weren't around to enjoy. I'll make another batch to share with you :)

Katie - I made them Saturday after work! Soooo easy :)

Donuts, love donuts. In fact had some for breakfast this morning.

These are just so adorable! Hmmhmmhmmm :)

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com