spoon

Recent Recipes

Cocoa-Cola Cake & Baby Bundts

0

Category : , ,

Sorry about the low quality photo, and the fact that is was taken on my car seat! I forgot to photograph my latest creations when they were in the kitchen!


These were from the Nigella Lawson book "How to Be a Domestic Goddess".
Mum and I were a bit puzzled at why the cocoa-cola cake came out so flat, and she suggested I double the mixture the next time I make it. Although once you actually taste it you realize why it is so flat! It is more of a fudge than a cake. You get a bit of fizz from your first mouthful, but I think it is more of a gimic than a regular item I would bake! None the less, it was delicious!
The icing cracked a little when I transfered it from the wire rack to the serving plate.

The baby bundts have a real sour icing but that's what helps them taste sooooooooo good! Made 2 batches on the weekend and they got gobbled up very quicky... mostly by myself!

0 comments:

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com