spoon

Recent Recipes

High Tea at the Park Hyatt, Melbourne

0

Category :

I was very lucky today! My darling friend Iron Chef Alana took me out for a pre-birthday, birthday high tea at the Park Hyatt in Melbourne.

I was quite excited as this was my first ever high tea, and I was glad to have shared it with Alana.

We started off with a glass of bubbles! I can't remember what the waitress said it was, but it was a really nice drop. (Update; Alana tells me it was Hardys Brut Reserve). But as you can see, there was quite a selection of wine available:

Set in the tea rooms of the Park Hyatt hotel, it was a gorgeous location next to main court yard of the hotel, with lovely piano music playing in the background.

Our lovely caddy arrived full of goodies:

From the bottom, we have 2 plain scones, 2 fruit scones.
Middle tier: 2 egg sandwiches, 2 salmon & cucumber sandwiches, 2 turkey & cranberry sauce sandwiches (my favorite), and ham & cheese sandwiches.

The top tier had 2 slices of chocolate Opera cake, 2 lemon tarts, 2 chocolate mousses and 2 (we think) green tea sponge with mango topping cake.

The Opera cake had a coffee cream in some of the layers, and it was rich and delicious. The chocolate mousse, I didn't finish! Me... the chocolaholic, didn't finish the chocolate mousse!! I just had a little taste but it was so thick and rich, I possibly could have got diabetes if I ate the whole thing! I was getting pretty full by the time I tried the chocolate mousse.

The scones were delicious, which was fantastic as we were looking forward to eating scones more than anything else. They were dusted with icing sugar which was really a pleasant surprise, usually I've only had them dusted in flour.
We received jam, cream and marmalade to go with them.

A lovely place for a lovely afternoon tea.
Once again, thank you to Iron Chef Alana for this delicious birthday present! I couldn't have asked for more!

Tea Lounge @ The Park Hyatt
Phone: (03) 9224 1234
Web: http://www.melbourne.park.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/lounges/index.jsp


0 comments:

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com