spoon

Recent Recipes

Chicken Parma with Sweet Potato Chips

0

Category :

Mid week cooking this week was resulted in cooking parma. Didn't have a recipe, so it was a bit of an improvisation, turned out very well, didn't have that fatty pub-parma taste either! I was a bit upset with myself because I should have had a beer for my boyfriend... you can't have a parma without a beer!

Mum loved the fact that it was such a cheap meal. She must have bought the biggest chicken breasts ever. I'm talking the Pamela Anderson of chickens, we only used 2 chicken breasts between the 4 of us, and we were all full at the end of it!

Since I didn't really have a recipe, I'll try to remember what i did!

To make the schnitzel:
1. Pound the chicken with a meat pounder
2. Coat the chicken in flour
3. Then coat the chicken in whisked egg
4. Coat the chicken in mix of: bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
5. Fry in oil and drain on paper towel

To make the parma:
1. Take your schnitzel, and place it on a baking tray
2. Spoon over some warm tomato pasta sauce (homemade or bottled. Leggo's have a parma sauce)
3. Place a slice of ham on top of the sauce
4. Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese and put in the oven or under the grill until the cheese melts.

To Serve:
Whatever takes your fancy: chips, salad, mash potato, or pasta

Eh Voila! Bon Appétit!

0 comments:

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com