spoon

Recent Recipes

Eating Out In Tasmania: Mures

5

Category :

My notes on Mures were so brief 8 months ago, this will be more like a photo diary... this is what we ate:

Fisherman's Basket (main meal size) $15.00

The scallops were a good size and the fish had a curry flavour to it, possibly in the batter?
Everything was hot and crisp, perfect on a chilly day.


Seafood Chowder (soup of the day) $6.50

A blended liquid of mixed seafood, had a lovely smokey flavour.


Mures Pizza $19.90

A nice crispy pizza base, full of fresh seafood, including; scallops, prawns and fish.



I remember it all being delicious, and the place having a lovely atmosphere. It is more like a pub where you order you meals at the counter, but there is nothing wrong with that! A lovely variety of fresh seafood also on offer. I wouldn't hesitate going back again.

Mures
Victoria Dock Hobart
Hobart Tasmania 7000
Phone: (03) 6231 2009

5 comments:

That seafood chowder sounds just about perfect right now! I'm also happily logging away all of these places for the next time I visit my uncle in Hobart :)

You remind me that I have a backlog of Tassie posts too... heh
Great post lovely! time to head back again soon?

I know what you mean about being behind in travel posts. I have such a huge backlog of travel eats! The chowder sounds great but I'm a bit worried by the curry flavoured fish! lol

I think Mures was one of the first places I ate at in Hobart - I remember great atmosphere and loads of seafood. Well done on getting the post done pictures are great for prompting the memory. I have just been in NZ and forgot my camera so if I do anything is will be sans photo.

Hi Hannah - Oh good! I'm glad they can be of some use! I want more chowder!

Hi Penny - haha, you will get there.. i'd love to head back soon!

Hi Helen - haha the curry flavoured fish wasn't bad, just different!

Hi Jo - Thanks =D ... oh no! forgetting your camera would have been rather upsetting!!

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com