spoon

Recent Recipes

Chilli Cashew Chicken Noodles

2

Category : , ,

It's mid-week cooking time again!
I've given up telling my mum what I'm going to be cooking as she seems to dismiss some recipes I really want to try, this being one of them. I knew she would have taken one look at it and said "Nah, pick something else"...sorry mum, I know you read this blog!

Luckily she rather liked this recipe when she tasted it!
Although following Donna Hay's recipe we ended up with way too much chicken, and I only put in half the required chilli, and it was spicy enough! I also used more noodles than it stated, as a result there wasn't enough sauce to cover them all so it was a little dry. BUT it still tasted good and I would make it again! I also only used half the onion required as I felt 2 onions would have been overkill!

Alas, Donna Hay has helped me create a flavour sensation!

Chilli Cashew Chicken Noodles
Donna Hay

200g (7oz) dried thick noodles
2 tablespoons peanut oil
2 onions, sliced into wedges
4 large red chillies, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup sugar
4 chicken breast fillets, sliced
1 red capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
3/4 cup roasted unsalted, cashews
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup coriander (cilantro) leaves

1. Place the noodles in a saucepan if boiling water and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain.

2. Heat a wok or deep frying pan over high heat. Add the oil, onions, chillies and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.

3. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until the chicken is golden.

4. Add the capsicum, cashews, fish sauce, soy, lemon juice, onion mixture and noodles to the pan. Cook, stirring, for a further 4 mintues or until heated through. Sprinkle with coriander.

5. Serve with chilli sauce on the side if desired.

Serves 4.

Eh Voila! Bon Appétit!

2 comments:

I'm making these tonight! Will only be using a fraction of some of the ingredients. Might add a little more of the liquid to cover the noodles.

Will let you know how it goes. x

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com