spoon

Recent Recipes

Fettuccine with Bacon, Mustard & Broccoli

2

Category : ,

Mid-week cooking was back this week! My parents arrived safely back into the country on the weekend with mountains of Swiss chocolate for me to eat! I also got a new camera but I'm still working out all the kinks, so hopefully my photos on here will be a bit better soon.

So, yet again Donna Hay helped provide me with a delicious dish for mid-week cooking. From one of her old magazines this dish looked so yummy with the grainy mustard I was interested to try.

Fairly simple to make, the taste was a sensation. You could taste every single ingredient, the leek was a nice change to that of a simple onion. It wasn't too creamy or over powering. The only thing I'd warn people about is don't overcook your broccoli. There is nothing worse than soggy broccoli!



Fettuccine with Bacon, Mustard & Broccoli

400g fettuccine
300g broccoli, trimmed into florets
6 rashes bacon, sliced
1 leek, sliced
1 cup cream
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons grain mustard
1 tablespoon lemon thyme
parmesan cheese to serve

1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and return to the saucepan to keep warm. While the pasta is cooking, blanch the broccoli in salted boiling water, then drain and set aside.

2. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add bacon and leek and cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add the cream, sour cream, mustard and lemon thyme and cook for 3 minutes.

3. Add the broccoli and cook for a further minute or until warmed through. Toss the sauce through the pasta and serve immediately sprinkled with parmesan cheese.

Serves 4.

Eh Voila! Bon Appétit!

2 comments:

That was positively awesome, and I'm not a cream sauce fan either.
Good work Shellie!!
Any ideas for next week?

not sure yet Nerdy Rob... either way, it will be a suprise!

All images and text is property of Iron Chef Shellie. These reviews are based on my opinions and experiences.
Permission must be granted before using any images or text from this website.

Feel free to contact me:
ironchefshellie [at] gmail [dot] com